Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday

Today is the day. I'm getting off my arse and going to join the Y today. I did get to exercise when I was in CA last week and NC, too. So, it's not that I haven't "gotten off my arse", I'm just now getting around to it.

AND....I'm my way to the gym, I'm going to stop at the shoe store to buy my 10 lbs reward...Smartwool socks. My feet have been chilly, so these will be welcome for my tootsies. Remember? I'm doing rewards every five pounds so I don't get distracted.

I've lost 12 lbs so far. Only 3 more pounds until my raggedy ass feet get a pedi!!

My new fave veggie is Swiss chard. I washed it and cut it pretty finely and I'm keeping a big ol' bag in the freezer and I've been adding it to everything, mostly recently a very tasty chili with kidney beans, black peas & field peas. I also added a small can of chipotle sauce (not the can with the peppers, just the sauce) and it was good!! Is it wrong that I've eaten chili for every single meal for the last two days? Yes, I've eaten chili for six meals in a row. Beano, please?

I think I may have mentioned that I had a little "carb hiccup" in NC this week, but I'm back on track now. My two weeks would have been over tomorrow, but I'm extending to Friday and maybe even Monday if I can make it. Lentils are my new friend. I want to figure out a good recipe for dal. Have you ever made dal?

Funny, yesterday for some reason, I feel like I could tell a difference in my clothes. Dang if that didn't motivate me! Hello? Size 16? No thank you!!! I'm remembering just HOW EXCITED I was when I got into a size 8 back at least 100 years ago. It was a great feeling and I'm trying to channel that for motivation.

Ok, I'll check in later.

Have a great week, Buggy. I miss you and love you and can't wait to see you in less than a month!!! Bring your workout clothes!

Edited at 8 p.m.:
I did all the stuff on my list...the hardware store, the new socks and I joined the YMCA.

The hardware store was for a lock for my locker at the Y. Those combination locks remind me of gym class in Junion High and made me a little axious.

Then, off the Alamo Shoes for my new socks (remember, my 10 lb reward). Sounds funny to have socks as my reward, but dang, they're expensive!!! Give pairs of socks were EIGHTY BUCKS. But, I had $8 in coupons and the socks were buy 4 get 1 free, so I got them for $58. I LOVE THEM. Warm feets are important.

My trek to the Y was fun. I took the bus and got some extra walking in. The Y is a huge old building and I haven't figured out the floor plan at all. I'm sure there has to be another room with cardio equipment, because the room I was in today only had about 8 treadmills and 6-8 ellipticals. I did 35 minutes on the ellipticals.

No comments:

Post a Comment