Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday!

Yesterday was crazy with school and then going to the Sketchfest. It didn't feel like I had the day off since I left the house at 8 in a blizzard and arrived home at 4:30, in a blizzard!

There's a foot of snow on the ground here. Life goes on, but I'm trying to figure out how to deal with it.

I'm doing pretty well with the eating. Not raw completely, but vegan yes. Today I made a great dish for lunch. When you're on to phase two, you should try it. I'm going to start phase one next Monday (when I'm in NC).

Roasted Veggie Quinoa
I roasted: sweet potato, carrots, green peppers and broccoli with;
1 shallot minced
Garlic
Thyme
S&P
Balsamic & Olive Oil

I roasted for 12 minutes, stir and 12 mins more.

In the meantime, I made quinoa. 1 cup of veg broth with 1/2 cup of quinoa.

Thrown everthing together with fresh basil and YUM!

By the time you get to Chicago, But, I'll have joined the Y so we can actually go workout if you'd like! Whoo hoo! Us on the treadmills.

And since we'll be working out, we can also eat! Here are places that I want to try:

(Do you leave on Saturday or Sunday? I know you arrive on Tuesday night.)

Urban Belly. It's gotten great reviews. Definitely need to get the Short Rib & Scallion Rice and the Pork Belly Ramen with Shitaake & Pho Broth. Yum!

Bon Soiree. It's getting all the buzz in town. $55 for five courses and BYOB. I'm in heaven. There are only 27 seats in the restaurant. The menu is ever changing, but wow if that oxtail dish doesn't sound spectacular.

Ok, ok, so we can eat the entire trip. (I mean, I know we can, but we probably shouldn't.)

What else do you want to do? TMLMTBGB is a great show. It's right down the street. I think I'm going to take Ash, but the show is always changing, so no big deal.

I hate to do it, but I do have class on the Thursday that you're in town and I can't miss it. But, it's in a great part of town, so I can set you on your way for a bit and then meet up with you for a late dinner when class is over. Or, there's a free set at 10 p.m. every Thursday that we can check out.

There are also some other shows at Second City that we can check out.

The Chicago Art Institute is free on Thursday nights, so actually, you could do that when I'm in class if you want.

What else do you want to do? Live music. Check. Theatre. Check. Museums. Check.

There's over a foot of snow on the ground and I have to go out to exchange a space heater that blew.

No comments:

Post a Comment