Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Geg Update

You know I love the poop talk.

So, here's the deal with my detox.

Each evening I drink Smooth Move tea. It's a senna tea. Senna is a natural laxative.

Each morning upon waking I do a Salt Water Flush, going forward the SWF. I drink 1 quart of warm water with 3 teaspoons of sea salt. This goes right though you and flushes your colon. The deal is that the salt water is heavy than your blood so you don't absorb it, it just goes through you.

It takes about 2 hours for the SWF effects to be over. Let's just say, it's all butt pee! It's the weirdest sensation of all liquid coming out so forcefully. Weird. Then, there are no movements for the day.

And as for my meals,

I'm have an exciting menu of:
60 oz water
12 tsp fresh, organic lemon juice
9 tsp organic, grade b maple syrup
1/4 tsp organic cayanne pepper

Delish! I love it.

Oh, and don't forget my daily cup of organic peppermint herbal tea! My treat each evining!

It's so weird that I haven't chewed a single thing since Saturday. Oddly, it hasn't been as difficult as I thought it would be. But, today is only day four.

As far as detoxing, I haven't had any severe reactions yet. Since, I don't drink much caffeine, I didn't have an issue there. I started eating clean last Thursday, so no sugar, white flour, etc since then. I did get woken up with a pretty nasty headache this morning, but it's duller now.

Next Monday will be my last day of the fast, then Tuesday and Wednesday will be juice fasts with just 30 oz of organic, fresh squeezed orange juice diluted through the day. Thursday will be broth and raw veggies. I travel to Cali next Thursday, so it'll be tough, but I'll get in some broth before heading to the airport and plan for salad in the airport and I'll bring cut veggies with me and head straight to a grocery store when I arrive.

Then, on Monday I head to NC for work and that's when I'll begin with SBD phase one. I'm going to try to keep it vegetarian for a little while. We'll see.

Pretty much my entire January in meals is planned out.

My energy has been low-ish. I did have a burst of energy last night that included vacuuming and laundry. I need to move though, I know it. I'm going to get a 30 minute walk in today. After my travel, I'm going to join the Y at the end of the month.

Check in later!

No comments:

Post a Comment