Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A New High? A New Low?

I don't know whether to be proud or embarrassed by what I'm about to share.

I'm in the middle of nowhere Iowa. I mean, really. I got off the interstate last night and my options, aside from my Fairfield in and various other lower end hotels, included Sonic, Wendy's McDonalds, Burger King, Pizza Hut & Taco Bell.

Did I mention that I'm sick, feel like shit, tired and had about an hour left of work to do once I got into the hotel room. It was 8 p.m.

I went into Taco Bell and ordered two bean burritos and one beef soft taco. I was sad that they didn't have sporks, only proper forks. WTF?

I proceeded to check into my room, get semi-situated and then eat the fillings out of the burritos and taco without the tortilla. (It would have been better with a spork.)

Yes, I ate the guts of Taco Bell.

My prospects are the same for breakfast. I have trainings at a client in the even more middle of nowhere, Iowa, about 30 miles from where I am. We're having pizza brought in for lunch. I'm not organizing anything, so I can make any special requests.

I didn't plan as well as I should have, I suppose. I do have some almonds. Can I just eat almonds for lunch? I'll see what I can scrounge up for breakfast and hope I can come across something for lunch, too. Oh, I did see a Subway, maybe if they're open I can get a salad to go.

I feel yucky. I want to lay in bed. I don't even have an appetite. Argh.

How are you? What's going on? Keep me updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment