Monday, May 4, 2009

Whole Grains and Workout's

The Shred is kicking my BUTT~ But I love it. I am typically not a fan of workout video's either, but what I am a fan of is more for less, especially when you have two kids. I can get a super high intensity workout in 20 minutes which is circuit based, i.e. Cardio, Strength and Ab's. I also love that she doesn't have the attitude of "look at me, I am so thin and pretty". She is great at providing the right kind of motivation (for me at least) through the workout, so I find myself pushing harder. Check it out on Netflix, all you need is a yoga mat and hand weights. (I am using three pounders)

So I have decided that while the SBD is really great for a quick weight loss I am not going to follow it to the tee. To keep it off this time it's all about really making a serious life style change. I find that this time on the "diet" it's been harder for me to stick to something that is limiting. For instance SBD is really good, but I find myself wanting on it. I am working on portion control, whole foods, Lot's of whole grains and lots and lots of fiber and calcium. I am in love with non-fat Greek style yogurt at Trader Joe's with 1/4 cup locally made granola. Great snack and keeps my energy high. I will still continue to nix white sugar and white flour from my diet, so bad for you anyway. So here is my meal plan for today:

Breakfast:

Whole grain English muffin with 1tbs peanut butter and sliced apples.

Mid-Morning Snack:

String Cheese with a handful of Almonds

Lunch:

Roast Beef, bib-lettuce, Dijon mustard wrap on a whole grain tortilla. and a small Ziploc baggie of spicy flax seed "tortilla chips" ** These are so good, I get them from TJ's and I can't believe they are so healthy. TONS of fiber and LOW GL index.

Afternoon Snack:

Small non-fat honey Greek style yogurt with 1/4 cup granola

Dinner:

Anaheim Chili and Garlic Spatchcock chicken and whole wheat couscous with mint and peas and a green salad.

I too have kept the 20lbs off that I have lost, but time to kick it high gear with the exercise. My goal for may is 10lbs. totally reasonable I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment